PROJECT TITLE: HOPE HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE RHODE ISLAND ART GALLERY EXHIBITION (HHPCRI) (rotating)
Applications must be received by PUBLIC ART WORKS by DECEMBER 10, 2018
This call for submissions is open to all artists living in New England and neighboring states who are able to hand-deliver their work to HHPCRI. Students are ineligible.
APPLICATION FEE: NO FEE
AWARD: A $250 honorarium will be given to each exhibiting artist selected
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT OPPORTUNITY:
Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island provides compassionate, professional, state-of-the-art physical, emotional and spiritual care for all people facing life-threatening illness at any stage of life and in any setting they choose.
The Art Selection Committee is seeking 2D visual artists (no sculpture or wall reliefs) for solo exhibitions on the first floor designated, “The Gallery” of the Hope Hospice & Palliative Care Rhode Island (HHPCRI) facility located at 1085 North Main Street, Providence, Rhode Island. The Gallery is in an area of high foot traffic and viewed by everyone who visits HHPCRI. Artwork will be installed by the staff of HHPCRI and a representative of Public Art Works.
PROJECT DURATION: Rotating gallery three to four times per year beginning January 2019
GALLERY SPACE & ARTWORK CONSIDERATIONS:
- Artwork should be appropriate and sensitive to the Hospice environment in which it will be hung
- Gallery space is Approx. 16 feet wide x 7 feet high
- Includes a hanging system and gallery lighting
- ARTWORK MUST BE RECEIVED READY-TO-HANG WITH PROPER HARDWARE/WIRE
- No Plexi-glass. All works on paper must be framed with glass
- 16” x 20” AND LARGER SIZE ARTWORK IS REQUIRED.
Larger works are encouraged.
- Artwork should be appropriate for the Hospice environment
- Artwork with the following content will not be considered: religious themes, those of a sexual nature and political commentary
INSURANCE: The utmost care in the handling of all artwork will be taken; however, artists are encouraged to carry their own insurance from the time of delivery to HHPCRI until the close of the exhibit, as HHPCRI or PAW does not have insurance for non-owned artwork. Artists will be asked to sign an insurance waiver upon delivery.
PRICING AND COMMISSION:
- ALL ARTWORK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE (unless stated by the artist)
- Artists will receive 100% of any work sold
- Artists may leave a price list with the receptionist
- In the event of an inquiry, PAW will contact the artist with contact information
ART SELECTION PROCESS:
- Applications will be reviewed by the Art Selection Committee consisting of Diana Franchitto, President & CEO of HHPCRI and a representative of Public Art Works
- The Art Selection Committee reserves the right to decline any or all applications
- HHPCRI may from time to time use the images on display for publicity purposes (print media including newspaper, newsletter etc.) Selected artists will be asked to sign a limited use image waiver. The artist’s name and title of the work of art, will at all times be included with image when used for publicity.
- Should a selected artist choose to publicize their work in the exhibit, all text and copy must be approved by HHPCRI prior to insertion.
- You will receive a courtesy Email verifying receipt of above form
- Please read all digital requirements carefully
- Email Photos & Image List to:
DIGITAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ON-LINE SUBMISSIONS: PLEASE EMAIL 10 IMAGES TO
- NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 10, 2018
JPG FORMAT IMAGES ONLY
Image files must be labeled 01,02,03,04 etc. followed by the artist’s last name. (Ex. 01_Smith.jpg)
No images should be larger than 1 megabyte. Images should be oriented correctly.
Email a separate corresponding Image List
Include the following: JPG name, Full Name, Titles, Medium, Dimensions, and Price
Questions should be directed to Merle Poulton via Email: